Hard-arm vibration (HAV) monitoring
Regularly working with hand-held or hand-guided power tools can damage blood vessels, nerves and joints in the hand. By monitoring this exposure you can help towards protecting your employees from a permanent and disabling injury.
Our preferred supplier, Reactec Ltd, consults and advises businesses on vibration exposure, and delivers practical on-site solutions which they developed – The HAVmeter and HAVWEAR.
– the HAVmeter is a market leading solution for the monitoring and reporting of Hand, Arm Vibration exposure and operator tool management.
– a wrist mounted device providing a truly personal monitoring experience. It calculates and displays in real-time HSE exposure points to inform the wearer of their exposure to vibration. Sound and vibration alerts also inform the wearer of incremental increases in exposure and action thresholds exceeded.
– for both employers and employees on vibration exposure levels in line with
the Health and Safety Executive’s (HSE) methodology. The HAVmeter and HAVWEAR optimises employee working practices, tool use and servicing intervals.
– HAVmeter and HAVWEAR completely automates the entire monitoring, data collection and reporting process. This enables health and safety managers to proactively manage their employees HAV levels, using detailed reports about individual tool usage.
– tool operators can self-monitor their exposure levels in real-time using a visual traffic light system. These can be tailored to an individual’s health status to ensure a better level of exposure, management and control, in line with the company’s targets.
– the accurate measurement and records of tool usage and exposure levels protects against claims related to HAV over exposure.
– HAVmeter and HAVWEAR reduces additional administration requirements and allows resources and costs to remain low. They also provide better data utilisation which can lead to an improved estimation of project timeframe planning, tool requirements and increased productivity levels.
Your special offer
As an Allianz customer you can:
- receive a discount of 10% off our preferred supplier’s services
- get a discount on the global market leading products in Hand Arm Vibration monitoring, the HAVmeter and HAVWEAR
- access accurate and automatic reports on employees’ HAV exposure.